Buddy: Reigning West Coast Prince
His rap moniker may conjure of thoughts of simplicity but this West Coast rapper is anything but that. Coming into the industry, being the last artist of Star Trek label at just 16 - we long waited his triumphant return. Harlan and Alondra debuts his array of talent and his maturity since we heard him rapping about his teenage misfit years.
Here’s what tracks I absolutely can’t get enough of:
- Shameless. Beginning with an intro that demonstrates his ups and downs while pursuing his love of music. The hook, the production, amplifies his persona while helping us to get a clearer vision of his goals as an artist.
- Hey Up There. Once again acknowledging that the road to success can get weary, he enlists the help of Ty Dollar $ign to illustrate that it’s not where they are, but where they are on their way to, that we should be in expectation for.
- The Blue. With smooth, souled vocals similar to Anderson Paak, Buddy croons on this track. Snoop Dogg joins him on this metaphoric soulful record.
- Speechless. Explicit about his intimacy skills, Buddy paints a surprisingly mature and vivid picture about his bedroom tricks.
- Trippin’. Buddy and Khalid deliver us honest about the journey they experience under the influence.
Harlan and Alondra is a must play for the summertime.